Boys Basketball Announcements for This Weekend
1. Covington is one of our more challenging ticket venues in that we have to presale the tickets here. Players are only allowed two per player, and they clear the gym after the JV game. So, we need to have players or parents bring money to school to give to me (the AD) either during the day Thursday or Friday or I'll be @ the JH game on Thursday night and can sell tickets then...The cost is $6...the parents of guys that dress both JV and varsity only need to purchase one ticket for both games.
2. For the next three away games (@ Covington, @ Preble Shawnee and @ Bethel)... The freshman and JV bus will leave at the conclusion of the freshman game and go back to TCN for parents to pick up their student athletes. Coach Reynolds will accompany the freshman and JV players back on the bus. Parents, please be in touch with your athletes and ready to pick them up when they arrive back @ TCN. Thanks.
3. Preble Shawnee allows three players per athlete (the normal immediate family rules) but is also clearing the gym after the JV game on Saturday. So we have the same rules on both Friday and Saturday (they allow one more person in on Saturday per player), but you will buy tickets at the door for the Saturday game unlike the Covington presale.
4. The Miss Valley JH game on Saturday morning will be played in the Miss V high school gym (the older gym in the front building closer to the highway)... Miss Valley just has general admission tickets for JH basketball sold at the door.
Girls Basketball Announcements for This Week
1. Reminder the girls game tomorrow night @ FM is varsity only and will begin @ 5:30.
2. The JH girls game scheduled for Saturday morning is now going to be played @ Valley View HS, not @ the JH in Farmersville.
Wrestling Change: Due to numbers and transportation issues and a no fans attendance clause, TCN is not wrestling in the Thunderbird Wrestling Invitational this January 29th and 30th. We will look to rejoin again next year, hopefully when circumstances are a little more normal.
Dec. 3rd: TCN Winter Sports Fans Policy Update (Please Read if You Haven't Yet)
After evaluating our immediate family lists compiled by our athletes on each team and looking at our crowds from the fall and thus far this winter, we are going to tweak our "immediate family definition" to include grandparents. We are not encouraging grandparents to come with Covid considerations and age involved, however, we are going to count them under the immediate family umbrella, if they would like to attend.
Thus we are listing parents (steps are included), siblings living in the same household and grandparents as eligible to come to TCN home games. At this time we are not mandating that people only attend the game their relative is playing in but we STRONGLY encourage it. We much prefer, for example, that JV immediate family members only stay for JV games, and varsity immediate family members only come for the varsity game. This helps to insure we are easily staying in our less than 15% capacity.
We will be closely monitoring masks, not allowing any food or drink etc. as already mandated, and we will expect families to sit in pods together. We would prefer, as much as I hate to say it, that families come for their child's game only (JV for JV, varsity for varsity etc.), however, we are not mandating that. We are glad that the OHSAA changed their wording a little bit as we believe our school age and younger siblings should be allowed to attend games. Everyone have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
I CANNOT REPEAT ENOUGH...THE UP TO DATE SCHEDULE FOR ALL GAMES IS HERE ON THE TRI-COUNTY NORTH WEBSITE UNDER ATHLETIC SCHEDULES...PLEASE CHECK THERE!!!!!!!
The Athletic Department will post the gym practice schedule on the website each month... Hopefully, this will be helpful for all coaches, athletes and especially parents. If changes occur from this document it's up to individual coaches to make players aware...
The key for how to read it is as follows:
G = Girls JV/V
B = Boys JV/V
VB = Varsity Boys Alone
* = Varsity Boys lifting after practice
FB = Freshman Boys Alone
F/JV = Freshman and JV together
JHG = Junior High Girls
JHB = Junior High Boys